IF YOU OWN A PROPERTY IN THE “COSTA DEL SOL”, AND YOU RENT IT OUT AS A HOLIDAY HOME, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE ABOUT THE NEW ANDALUSIAN LAW OR YOU COULD BE FACING A FINE OF UP TO 150000€
From May 11, 2016, it becomes mandatory the regulation for private holiday rentals in Andalucía.
If you own a home that you rent regularly as a holiday property, you have the obligation to register in the register of tourism of Andalusia. Also, your accommodation must include minimum standards of quality and comfort:
- Have license of occupation and all technical conditions and quality requirements
- The rooms must have direct ventilation to the outside or patios and some darkening of the Windows System
- Be furnished and equipped with the necessary equipment for immediate use
- The accommodation must be fitted with air conditioning in rooms and lounges, when the period of occupation including the months of May to September. If the period of occupation includes the months of October to April, both inclusive, it must also be fitted with heating.
- First aid kit
- Have tourist information of the area (restaurants and cafes, shops and food stores, medical services, buses and taxis).
- All homes will have complaints book available to tenants.
- Cleaning of the house at the arrival and departure of new customers.
- Linen-sets, towels, utensils, etc. depending on the occupancy of the property. Also, must have a replacement set.
- Provide tenants a phone number with 24 hours service to solve immediately, any questions or incidence relative to the property.
- Have information and operating instructions for electrical appliances or other devices that require it at the disposal of the tenants.
- Inform tenants of the internal rules concerning the use of facilities, rooms and equipment of the property, as well as admission of pets in the home, restrictions for people who smoke, etc.
Prices for Registration assistance from BestinSpain: Euro 120 – excluding I.V.A.